Mucon Powder Valves and Components
Mucon DSV-P Slide Gate Valve Controls Flow of Asphalt Filler Ingredients
October 16th, 2017
Pictured: Mucon DSV Slide Gate Valve with pneumatic sleeve
Requirements: Replaced existing butterfly valve located on hopper containing abrasive materials. New valve must allow for full-bore unobstructed material flow and withstand abrasive material before mixing system.
Solution: A Mucon DSV-P Slide Gate Valve that is designed to withstand harsh environment associated with abrasive ingredients in the asphalt mix. The Mucon DSV-P Slide Gate Valve allows for trickle to full bore opening for unobstructed material flow.
Application: Gravity flow application.
Handling / Material: Asphalt filler ingredients – sand, gravel, etc.
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Benefits of Mucon DSV-P Slide Gate Valve
- The DSV does not use an eccentric cam to support the slide gate.
- Slim, compact design
- Easy retrofit of pneumatic cylinder – without the need to remove the valve from the application
- Robust aluminium construction
- Anti-tamper locking facility – allowing the user to lock or tag the valve in the closed position
- Lightweight cast aluminium body with machine flanged face
- Externally adjustable tapered and angled polymer slide supports allow the height of the slide gate to be finitely adjusted to compensate for wear.
- Full bore opening
- Easy maintenance
- Available in 6″, 8″, 10″ and 12″ diameter
If you like this article, share it with your friends!